- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Bartell Drugs' School Tools for Kids in Need drive is under way
Bartell Drugs welcomes donations of school supplies for its 10th annual School Tools for Kids in Need, now through Aug. 31 at 59 store locations, including Auburn (3902 A St. SE) and Kent (12946 SE Kent Kangley Road).
The drive supports students in King, Pierce and Snohomish counties through World Vision's Teacher Resource Center in Fife.
Donated school supplies will help re-stock the Teacher Resource Center, where teachers – whose students qualify for free or reduced-price lunch programs – "shop" free of charge for school supplies to help meet students' needs.
According to Federal Way-based World Vision, a globally-known charitable organization, as many as 58,000 local students could begin the school year without the basic school supplies.
Mead, Avery, Kimberly Clark and Bic have teamed up with Bartell's to support this year's drive.
A "Basic Needs" list of suggested donation items found in Bartell's School Aisles include:
• No. 2 Pencils – 10 count
• Bic Cristal or Stic Round Ink Pens – 10 pack, blue or black
• Elmer's Glue – School Glue/4-ounce bottles
• Scotch Kids' Scissors – pointed or blunt
• Avery Glue Stic – Acid-free, photo-safe, permanent and washable
• Avery Poly Binders – 1" size
• Crayola Crayons – 16 count
• Avery Hi-Liter Markers – yellow or pink
• A&W Zipper Pencil Pouch
• Mead Index Cards
• Crayola Colored Pencils – 12 count
For more information, visit www.bartelldrugs.com.