Cornucopia Days returns to Kent
June 28, 2012 · 11:01 AM
The 41st annual Kent Cornucopia Day's celebration held July 12 -15 with a multitude of activities, entertainment, and fun for the whole family.
South King County’s oldest and largest festival features a full size carnival and street fair with a wonderful array of 600 booths offering a variety of items including magnificent smells from over 35 food booths to tempt the palate and entertainment. It starts Sunday, July 15, downtown for South King County’s largest parade featuring nearly 100 entries.
The 11th annual Cornucopia Dragon Boat Races will be held July 14 at Lake Meridian Park. The Kent Youth Soccer Association will also host the Cornucopia Cup featuring more than 150 teams this year.
The 15th annual Kent Cornucopia Days Skateboard Tournament will be held on July 14th benefiting the Lions Camp Leo for diabetic kids.A 25 and 100-mile Bike Ride happens July 14, along with a Kids Pre-Parade Bike Ride on July 15 by the Emerald City Lights Bike Ride Organization.
The Kent Lions produces Kent Cornucopia Days each year. Members and their dedicated volunteers have devoted thousands of hours to planning and organizing this festival. The City’s Parks Department will again be actively involved organizing the 5K Fun Run / Walk.
2012 Events Dates:
- July 4: 4th of July Splash, City of Kent
- July 10-11: Downtown Sidewalk Sale
- July 12-15: Funtastic Shows Carnival
- July 12-15: Cornucopia Cup Soccer Tournament
- July 13-15: Street Fair (Kent Lions / Wayne Hobbs & Irv Hamilton Street Fair)
- July 13-15: Lions Health Fair, Safety Fair, educational displays, art show and entertainment
- July 14: Kent Cornucopia Dragon Boat Races
- July 14: Kent Cornucopia 5K Fun Run / Walk
- July 14: Cornucopia Inline Skate & Skateboard Tournament
- July 15: Kent Cornucopia Grand Parade
- July 15: Children's Bike Ride.