- About Us
Kent's Bartell Drugs part of 'School Tools for Kids in Need' drive
Bartell Drugs' "School Tools for Kids in Need" school supplies donation drive kicks off Monday at all 58 Bartell's locations – including Kent at 12946 SE Kent-kangley Road – to support local students through World Vision's Teacher Resource Center in Fife.
The 9th annual drive continues through Aug. 26.
Donated school supplies will help re-stock the center, where teachers – whose students qualify for free or reduced-price lunch programs – "shop" free of charge for school supplies to help meet students' needs.
According to Federal Way-based World Vision, a globally-known charitable organization, as many as 58,000 local students could begin the school year without the basic school supplies.
"With so many area children lacking basic school supplies, there's never been a more important time to support this drive," said Bartell Drugs Chairman and CEO George D. Bartell. "Over the past eight years we've appreciated the support by our customers and the public for their donations."
Mead, Avery, Kimberly Clark and Bic have teamed up with Bartell's to support this year's drive.
A "basic needs" list of suggested donation items found in Bartell's "School Aisles" include:
• No. 2 Pencils, 20 count
• Bic Cristal or Round Stic Ink Pens, 10 pack (black or blue)
• Elmer's Glue, Glue-All or School Glue/4-ounce bottles
• Scotch Kids' Scissors, pointed or blunt
• Avery Glue Stic/2 pack, acid-free, photo-safe, permanent and washable
• Pentel Hi-Polymer Erasers, 3 pack
• Avery Poly Binders, 1/2" or 1" sizes
• Playskool Crayons, 24 colors
• Avery Hi-Liter Markers, yellow or pink
• CLi Erasers, 20 pack cap erasers or 3 pack, pink
• A&W Zipper Pencil Pouch
• Mead Index Cards
• Crayola Colored Pencils - 12 count
For more information, visit www.bartelldrugs.com.