- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Kent's free summer concert series kicks off July 9-10
Soulful reggae, rock rhythms, authentic Americana, extraordinary juggling, amazing magic, “kid hop” and more are part of the city of Kent's Summer Concert Series.
Starting Wednesday, July 9, the free summer concerts provide 12 opportunities to enjoy live performances in outdoor settings.
Concerts and performances for kids are at noon on Wednesdays. Adults and families can enjoy their favorite types of music on Thursday evenings.
For more information, go to kentarts.com. To request a brochure, call 253-856-5050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wednesday Picnic Performances – Especially for Kids
Sponsored by Republic Services
Noon to 1 p.m.
Town Square Plaza, 2nd Avenue and Harrison Street, Downtown Kent
• July 9 Tickle Tune Typhoon (award-winning music with positive messages and educational topics)
• July 16 The Magic of Trevor and Lorena Watters (comedy and magic)
• July 23 Recess Monkey (various musical influences with clever and comical lyrics)
• July 30 Show Brazil! (spicy Brazilian rhythms)
• Aug. 6 Secret Agent 23 Skidoo (family hip hop with a solid gold soul)
8 Aug. 13 Roberto the Magnificent (physical comedy and juggling)
Thursdays at the Lake
7 to 8:30 p.m.
Lake Meridian Park, 14800 SE 272nd St., Kent
• July 10 The Highlife Band (power-packed Jamaican reggae)
• July 17 New Transit (Americana/rock)
• July 24 Tiller’s Folly (intelligent country/folk/Americana)
• July 31 The Good Lovelies (funny and upbeat folk music with three-part harmonies)
• Aug. 7 The Senate (trio creates a musical hybrid that pushes the boundaries of acoustic rock)
• Aug. 14 Tayla Lynn (singer-songwriter and granddaughter of Loretta Lynn, backed by Grammy Award-winning guitarist Eric Tingstad)