News

Fire at take-out pizza shop on Kent-Kangley Road | Kent Regional Fire Authority

Early this afternoon emergency units from the Kent Fire Department and Valley Regional Fire Authority were dispatched to a reported fire at a take-out pizza shop.

An employee of the business located at the 13100 block of S.E. Kent Kangley Road called 911 and told dispatchers that a fire had started in the shop and was spreading in the kitchen. He also told dispatchers that the employees of the five businesses in the strip mall had evacuated the building.

The first arriving Kent Fire Department unit reported thick, dark smoke from the front of the business. Upon entering the building the crew found the delivery pizza warming table on fire with flames spreading across the ceiling. The fire was quickly extinguished and the entire building was searched for possible hidden fire in other spaces. Fire damage to the take-out pizza shop was estimated by the Fire Investigator at $110,000 with only very minor smoke damage to the other businesses in the strip mall.

One Kent firefighter received a minor injury and was taken to a local medical clinic for evaluation and treatment of the injury. No other injuries were reported to either employees or other firefighters.

 


View Larger Map

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 24 edition online now. Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates