Cigarette ashes cause small fire at Kent office building

Cigarette ashes started a small fire at about 11 a.m. Thursday at an office building in the 400 block of West Titus Street in downtown Kent.

The fire started on a back porch area, caused by a cigarette ash can being too close to the building, according to a Kent Fire Department media release. Investigators ruled the fire accidental.

Firefighters arrived to find a small fire on the back porch creeping up the side of the building. They were able to quickly extinguish the fire. Firefighters searched the building for any fire extension but found nothing.

No one was injured and the fire officials did not have a damage estimate.

View Larger Map

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Oct 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates