- About Us
WashingtonVotes site ready to help citizens access Legislature
WashingtonVotes.org will provide complete, gavel-to-gavel coverage of the regular session of the state Legislature that convenes Monday.
The free website allows interested citizens, media, activists, government affairs professionals and policymakers to track the issues that matter to them.
In addition to crafting a 2013–15 budget to address a projected $900 million revenue shortfall, legislators also may be considering tax increases, ways the state can help spur job creation and economic recovery and transportation project funding.
Foremost on the legislative agenda is the state Supreme Court decision regarding funding of basic education.
Moreover, bills to implement Gov.-elect Inslee's agenda will be introduced and debated.
WashingtonVotes.org is an effective tool for following these and all of the issues in Olympia. The site features:
• Concise, plain-English, objective descriptions of every bill, amendment and vote of the state Legislature.
• Customizable daily email updates on legislative action.
• The ability to search for legislation by issue, keyword, and bill number.
• A searchable database of legislation and votes dating back to 2001.
• A real-time Missed Votes Report that catalogs the number of votes each legislator misses.
Users can also follow WashingtonVotes.org and get updates on legislation through Facebook and Twitter.
WashingtonVotes.org provides a weekly Roll Call service to more than fifty media outlets around the state. Through this service, updates are sent each week on the top five bills that legislators voted on plus voting records tailored to each media outlet's region. This covers nearly every legislative district in the state, providing valuable information to citizens on their legislators' actions.