Kent officers remove drunk man from Metro bus | Police Blotter

Kent Police Blotter. - Kent Reporter, file photo
Kent Police Blotter.
— image credit: Kent Reporter, file photo

Kent Police responded to the West Hill to remove a drunk man from a bus and ended up arresting another man for investigation of obstructing an officer after the man reportedly refused to leave the Metro bus stop area.

Officers arrested the man at May 26 in the 26000 block of Pacific Highway South after he refused to leave the bus stop so paramedics could attend to a man removed from a bus, according to the police report.

A Metro bus driver called 911 to help remove a man sleeping on the floor of the bus who appeared to be intoxicated. Officers found the man with his pants down sleeping on the bus floor.

Police moved the man to the sidewalk near the bus stop and called for paramedics to evaluate the man. Meanwhile, a man at the bus stop commented toward officers and taped them with his cellphone.

When officers asked the man to leave so paramedics would have room to evaluate the man removed from the bus, the man refused to go. An officer took him by the arm, walked him five steps away and told him to keep walking.

But the man came back and started to approach an officer from behind when a second officer stepped in and took the man to the ground after the man reportedly put a hand on the officer's uniform in the chest area.

Resisting arrest

Police arrested a man for investigation of reckless driving and resisting arrest after he allegedly sped through a parking lot at about 8:39 p.m. May 28 in the 800 block of Fourth Avenue North.

Witnesses told officers that the man spun his tires in the lot for about 10 seconds with the brakes applied and then took off a high rate of speed despite the presence of children in the lot, according to the police report.

When officers stopped the man and told him he was going to be arrested for reckless driving, the man allegedly tensed up his arms and began to pull away from police. An officer pushed the man against a police Chevy Tahoe but the man broke free before officers took him to the ground.

The man reportedly continued to struggle while on the ground by holding his right hand under his chest so he couldn't be handcuffed. An officer noted that friends of the man were a potential threat as they gathered behind officers and yelled at police, so he threw a punch to the man's ribcage area and then was able to handcuff him.

The man told police he spun his tires because he was "angry." The report didn't say what had made the man mad.


Officers arrested a man for investigation of fourth-degree assault after he allegedly punched another man in the face three times at about 12:54 a.m. May 27 outside of the Meeker Street Bar and Grill, 1721 W. Meeker St.

A man told officers he sat on a bench outside the bar when the man came up and punched him in the face and neck, according to the police report.

"Sorry, I thought you were someone else," the man said after throwing the punches and then leaving in a vehicle with friends.

Police were able to track the man down through a vehicle license plate number at a Federal Way apartment, where they arrested him.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Oct 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates