- About Us
Grocery store workers to vote Oct. 29-30 on new contract
Union grocery store members will vote Oct. 29-30 about whether to accept a new contract with Safeway, Fred Meyer, QFC and Albertsons.
The contract impacts workers in King, Snohomish, Kitsap, Pierce, Mason and Thurston counties working at the big chain and independent stores.
Union representatives and the grocery chains reached a tentative agreement Oct. 21 on a new contract just two hours before a scheduled strike. Union leaders have recommended that workers approve the new contract. Details about the contract have not been released to the media.
Members can come by at any time during the scheduled times to review the contract offer and get questions answered before casting their vote, according to a UFCW 21 union media release.
All meetings are from 8 a.m. to noon and 4-8 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
Tuesday, Oct. 29
• Bellevue (UFCW 21) Bellevue Hilton
• Seattle (UFCW 21) Best Western Executive Inn (near Seattle Center)
• Bremerton (UFCW 21) Kitsap Conference Center
• Tacoma (UFCW 367) Hotel Murano
• Everett (Teamsters 38) Comcast Arena (7:30 a,m., 10:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m.)
Wednesday, Oct. 30
• SeaTac (UFCW 21) Doubletree (near Sea Tac airport)
• Everett/Lynnwood (UFCW 21) Lynnwood Convention Center (Lynnwood)
• Olympia (UFCW 21 & 367) Southsound Manor (Tumwater)
Vote results from the meetings are expected to be released on Thursday, Oct. 31.