- About Us
Kent Reporter's most viewed website stories of 2013
Here are the top 10 most viewed stories on the Kent Reporter's website for 2013, according to Google Analytics:
A 16-year-old Kentridge High School junior died after injuries he suffered in a multi-car collision in Kent as he drove to school.
• 2: Kent murder trial in Devin Topps' death goes to jury (Dec. 16)
A jury deliberates the second-degree murder charge against Jorge Lizarraga for the shooting death of Devin Topps in October 2010.
• 3: Kent jury convicts Lizarraga of killing Devin Topps (Dec. 18)
A jury finds Jorge Lizarraga guilty of the shooting death of Devin Topps, a former Kentridge High star athlete.
• 4: Kent boy dies after dirt bike crash at Pacific Raceways (Aug. 9)
Chase Stancil, 16, dies from injuries suffered during a practice run at the Kent-area track.
• 5: Teen killed in Kent car crash identified (Oct. 23)
Brandon Gonzalez, 17, a Thomas Jefferson High student, died from injuries sustained in a crash with a King County Sheriff's Office patrol car at a West Valley Highway intersection.
• 6: TOP Food and Drug stores to close in Kent, Auburn (Oct. 15)
TOP Food and Drug announces the closure of its store on Kent's East Hill.
• 7: Kentridge High teacher faces sex crime charge (Sept. 24)
King County prosecutors charged Brent Patrick Conley with attempted commercial sexual abuse of a minor after he allegedly met up with a 15-year-old girl for sex in Seattle as part of an undercover sting by Seattle Police.
• 8: 21-year-old woman passenger dies in Kent car crash (Nov. 4)
An Edmonds woman died after her boyfriend crashed a car into a telephone pole.
• 9: Driver dies in Kent car crash after hitting tree (May 3)
One man was killed and another man injured in accident along South 208th Street.
Grocery workers threatened to strike before reaching a settlement in October.