- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Fire damages West Hill house in Kent
A house fire in the 25000 block of 20th Avenue South in Kent has been ruled accidental and caused by an electrical malfunction in the attic space wiring.
Firefighters from the Kent Fire Department RFA and South King Fire and Rescue were dispatched to the single-story house at 10:26 p.m. Jan. 1 on the West Hill when the residents noticed smoke coming from the roof, according to a Kent Fire Department media release.
The fire had burned undetected for quite a while, charring the roof trusses and discoloring the ceiling. By pulling down parts of the ceiling and opening a hole in the roof, firefighters were able to access the fire and limit the damage.
All five residents were able to get out safely and there were no reported injuries.