- About Us
Number of Kent marijuana business applicants grows to 60
The list of Kent applicants to the state for recreational marijuana business licenses keeps on growing.
Thirty-one more Kent applicants are on the latest list released Tuesday by the state Liquor Control Board bringing the total number up to 60, including 18 retail outlets. The rest of the applicants are for producer and or processor licenses with numerous applicants seeking both.
A proposed business called Hidup Hijau Inc., even applied for a processor license for an empty storefront at the Kent Station shopping mall, 449 Ramsay Way, Suite A29.
The city of Kent bans medical and recreational marijuana businesses. City officials plan to change land use codes in 2014 in order to have a permanent ban against marijuana businesses rather than an ordinance with a six-month ban.
The state liquor board has closed the application process but continues to go through a backlog of applicants. The board has yet to set a timeline of when it will start to issue licenses.
If Kent applicants receive a recreational marijuana license from the liquor board, the city won't issue them any permits, said Pat Fitzpatrick, acting city attorney. If the business opens anyway, he said the city will take action. The liquor board will issue licenses to applicants even if a city bans recreational marijuana businesses.
The City Council voted 4-3 in November to ban marijuana businesses under a six-month moratorium because the drug remains illegal under federal law. Voters statewide approved the legalization of marijuana in November 2012.
As of Tuesday, the liquor board has released the names of 2,667 producer applicants statewide, 1,119 processor and 2,036 retail applicants. The state has set a limit of 334 retail outlets in the state, including three in Kent. A lottery among approved applicants will decide who gets the retail outlet licenses.
Kent marijuana applicants
(through Jan. 7)
• C & M Management Services, 26212 Pacific Highway S.
• Cannaland, 8819 S. 180th St.
• Giving Tree, 8504 S. 228th St.
• Happy Highway, 228 Washington Ave. S.
• Hazy Days Corp., 310 Washington Ave. S.
• Hong Mart Smoke Plus, 23635 104th Ave. S.E.
• Heaven Bound 420 Cannabis Boutique, 1734 Central Ave S
• Herbal Choice Caregivers, Inc., 19011 68th Ave. S., Suite A-110
• JST International, 1320 Central Ave. S.
• K.R.S., 24420 109th Pl. S.E.
• Kulwinder Kaur Sangha, 743 Central Ave. N.
• Natures Cure, 701 Washington Ave. N.
• Odyssey Smoke Shop Inc., 23254 Military Road S.
• Phats Sack Corp., 21040 84th Ave. S.
• Rastafari, 3001 S. 253rd. St.
• Soo P Hong, 228 Washington Ave. S.
• Twisted Greens Corp., 230 Washington Ave. N.
• Weedsdom, 7641 S. 259th St., Suite 101
Producer and/or processing:
(many below have applied for both licenses)
• A.E. Brown Co's, 23955 58th Ct. S. No. E-3
• Always Greener Distributors, 19042 72nd Ave. S.
• Big Daddy Purp Corp., 6004 S. 190th St.
• BLF North LLC, 8504 S. 228th St.
• BLF North LLC, 26609 77th Ave. S., Suite 100
• BLF North LLC, 26609 77th Ave. S., Suite 150
• Bowls For Us Corp., 6004 S. 190th St.
• BWIT, 26010 42nd Ave. S.
• Country Boy Buds LLC, 11024 S.E. 208th St., Suite E
• Cul-De-Sac Kush, 26810 115th Pl. S.E.
• Deshi Herb LLC, 26220 116th Ave. S.E.
• Hidup Hijau Inc., 449 Ramsay Way, Suite A29
• Hollis Enterprises, 24525 35th Pl. S.
• Hummockville, 8001 S. 194th St.
• Hydro Empire LLC, 11024 S.E. 208th St.
• Indoor Organics, LLC, 14447 S.E. 208th St.
• Kush Kings, 23240 88th Ave. S., Apt. TT103
• Marijuana and Children Do Not Mix, 12639 S.E. 213th St.
• Marlene Hanson, 217 E. Russell St.
• MJ Botanicals LLC, 19227 72nd Ave. S.
• Orchardview West, 8031 S. 194th St.
• Organiccare, 20521 121st Way S.E.
• Organic-Cannabis-Coalition, 22816 126th Ave. S.
• PacNwGreen 22122 35th Pl. S., Apt. H106
• Prohibition Gold LLC, 8031 S. 194th St.
• Rainier Acres, 8831 S. 228th St.
• Spinning Heads, Inc., 11024 S.E. 208th St.
• Sports Bar & Grill, 23803 104th Ave. S.E.