News

Firefighters douse house fire; family of four evacuates safely

Firefighters from the Kent Fire Department RFA responded to and extinguished a house fire in the 23200 block of 50 Avenue South.  - Courtesy photo/Kent Fire
Firefighters from the Kent Fire Department RFA responded to and extinguished a house fire in the 23200 block of 50 Avenue South.
— image credit: Courtesy photo/Kent Fire

For the Reporter

Firefighters from the Kent Fire Department RFA extinguished a house fire in the 23200 block of 50th Avenue South Monday in Kent.

Investigators determined a mechanical failure in a laundry room ceiling fan caused the accidental fire, according to a Kent Fire Department official.

The fire was first reported at 4:08 p.m. Monday at the two-story house. The family of four got out safely.

It took approximately 30 minutes to extinguish this fire and there were no reported injuries. In addition to Kent firefighters, resources from the Valley Regional Fire Authority and South King Fire and Rescue also responded.

Red Cross was called in to assist the family.


View Larger Map

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 31 edition online now. Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates