Kent house fire displaces 3

For the Reporter

A house fire in the 400 block of Jason Avenue North has displaced three people.

Firefighters from the Kent Fire Department RFA first responded to the call at 10:46 a.m. Saturday, and found black smoke coming from a window of the two story residence.

All three residents were able to get out safely.

Firefighters contained the fire to the kitchen where it started, though there was smoke damage throughout the house.

The fire started on a stove top and is considered accidental, Kent Fire officials said. Red Cross helped the family.

Many of the homes in the area, including this one, are more than 100 years old.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

Read the Oct 21
Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates