Crews douse SeaTac house fire

  • Friday, November 3, 2017 7:52am
  • News

No one was hurt after a fire started above the kitchen of a SeaTac house in the 2600 block of South 138 Street on Thursday evening, the Puget Sound Regional Fire Authority reported.

The residents first noticed the fire when they saw smoke coming out from the outside vents in the attic at 8:40 pm.

When firefighters from Puget Sound, Burien and Tukwila fire departments arrived, they found a fire in the attic space. They were able to quickly extinguish the flames, which had badly burned several rafters, by pulling down the ceiling.

According to the fire investigator, the fire started as a result of an electrical problem near the kitchen’s overhead light and is considered accidental.

Red Cross is helping the family.

More in News

Kent’s YMCA gets $5 million in state grants with budget approval

Kent schools, Mill Creek flood project also receive large grants

Ballot initiative threat has energy industry warming to governor’s proposed carbon tax

By Josh Kelety/WNPA Olympia News Bureau With environmental activists threatening a carbon… Continue reading

Kent City Council seeks volunteers to write pro, con statements about police ballot measure

City leaders plan to put proposal in front of voters on April 24

Highline College accepting applications for president

In its next president, Highline College is seeking an open, inspirational leader… Continue reading

Keiser, Senate Democrats push safety for sanitation workers

By Alex Visser/WNPA Olympia News Bureau The legacy of Martin Luther King,… Continue reading

Kent gets another grant to extend new 132nd Avenue pedestrian path

Project will go from SE 248th Street to SE 240th Street

Most Read