Drivers can expect lane closures Thursday and Friday on Central Avenue South and Willis Street due to due to power line repairs following Wednesday evening’s windstorm.
The following lane closures will be in place for the next 24 hours, according to a city of Kent traffic update posted at 7:30 a.m. Thursday:
• Central Ave S northbound we have 2 lanes closed at Willis St, the westbound turn lane is still in use for all through traffic, you may turn west on Willis St. as needed
• Central Ave S southbound all lanes of traffic are still in use
• On Willis St westbound we have all lanes of traffic in use
• On Willis St eastbound at Bridges Ave S to Central Ave S the southbound turn lane is closed but you can still turn south on Central Ave S as needed
• Northbound traffic on Central Ave S will be detoured to the west at E Russell St for 1 block, north at Bridges Ave S for 1 block, and then west to Willis Street
• Southbound traffic on Central Ave S will be detoured west at Willis St for 2 blocks, then south on 1 Ave S for 1 mile, east on S 259 St for 2 blocks, and then south on Central Ave S
• Eastbound Traffic on Willis St will be re-routed to the south on 1 Ave S for 1 mile, east on S 259 St for 2 blocks, and then south on Central Ave S
• Westbound traffic on Willis St may be reduced to one lane from Central Ave S to Railroad Ave S but traffic can get through the area as needed.
Central Avenue South at Willis Street was closed in both directions for a portion of Wednesday evening for a downed utility pole, according to Kent Police.
Police posted the street closure on Twitter at about 5:07 p.m. Wednesday.
Wires reportedly were down on several parked vehicles and a couple of vehicles that were traveling down the street. Wires also were down on a nearby business. Nobody was injured.