All Kent School District schools will be released three hours early on Friday, Feb. 8, due to weather reports indicating a significant snow event beginning in the afternoon.
The district released the following update on Thursday afternoon:
• Schools will start at their regular times on Friday morning.
• Buses will be on regular routes.
• All schools will be released three hours earlier than the normal dismissal time.
• All other after-school and evening activities across our district are cancelled.
• All WIAA athletic and music events will be communicated separately.
• There is no AM or PM preschool, no Head Start programs.
• No out-of-district transportation.
• Central Administrative Office will close at 2 p.m.
• All facility usage is cancelled Friday 2 p.m. through Sunday.
“Our district boundaries encompass approximately 71 square miles, and we know the road conditions will not be the same for everyone this weekend,” according to the district statement. “Our safety and operations teams will continue to monitor the weather and road conditions over the weekend. We will communicate as early as possible when any school decisions or plans are made for Monday, Feb. 11. We are also making contingency plans for elementary school conferences scheduled for next week and we will share those plans when they are finalized.”