New Kent Mayor Dana Ralph issued the following media release as she begins her four-year term:
It is hard to believe that 2018 is already here, but I am excited about the year ahead and all that it holds for the Kent community.
After six years as a Kent City Council member, serving as your mayor will be a new role for me, but a challenge I am honored to take on. I will work closely with City Council, staff, residents and businesses to move Kent forward and to continue our transformation into a city that we are all proud to call home.
As we work toward a shared future, I will:
• Strive to make sure all residents’ voices are heard
• Build on Mayor Suzette Cooke’s legacy of accessibility and transparency
• Meet with individuals, community groups and businesses to listen to and better understand your hopes, dreams, challenges and concerns
• Encourage all residents to be engaged
• Embrace our differences and build on our strengths
I am excited about Kent’s future and hope you’ll join me in shaping our city.
Let’s get started!
~ Mayor Dana Ralph