State Attorney General Bob Ferguson will speak about the McCleary school funding decision, the opioid epidemic and other topics at a Kent Sunrise Rotary event from 7 to 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 23, at the Ramada Conference Center, 22318 84th Ave. S.
The event is open to the public. The cost is $19.50 per person, which includes breakfast. Reservations are strongly encouraged. Please email Sandra Olsen at email@example.com to receive an evite that will allow you to register for the event.
Ferguson expects to touch on the following topics:
• Legislative agenda overview
• Opioid epidemic, and the recent lawsuit against the opiate manufacturer
• Tobacco 21—the legislative push to raise the smoking age to 21 from 18
• McCleary (Washington State Supreme Court decision on education)
• Travel ban, DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals) and related lawsuits
• Health care: activity regarding hospitals that are not appropriately administering the charity case rules