Kent-based Blue Origin announced its fifth human flight, NS-21, will lift off from Launch Site One on Friday, May 20 in West Texas.
The launch window opens at 6:30 a.m. CDT. The webcast will start at T-60 minutes on BlueOrigin.com, according to a May 13 Blue Origin media release.
Blue Origin sells seats for people to take the New Shepard rocket on its 10-minute flight that goes up 62 miles and reaches speeds of about 2,230 mph.
The crew flying on its NS-21 mission:
• Evan Dick, investor and NS-19 astronaut on Dec. 11, 2021
• Katya Echazarreta, business jet pilot
Her seat is sponsored by Space for Humanity, a nonprofit whose mission is to expand access to space for all of humanity.
• Hamish Harding, Action Aviation chairman
• Victor Correa Hespanha, civil production engineer from Brazil
His seat is sponsored by the Crypto Space Agency, whose mission is to combine the space industry’s technology with the innovation and financial power of the crypto markets to accelerate humankind’s off-world future.
• Jaison Robinson, adventurer and Dream Variation Ventures co-founder
• Victor Vescovo, co-founder of private equity investment firm Insight Equity
Blue Origin, founded by Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, opened in Kent in 2020.