A fire damaged a single-story commercial building in Kent early Sunday morning in the 7400 block of South 212 Street, the Puget Sound Regional Fire Authority reported.
After a passersby reported the fire at 4:07 a.m., firefighters from the Puget Sound and Renton RFAs arrived to find fire in one corner of the building, near the front door of the office. They also found fire in the attic space and cut a hole in the roof to allow the smoke and toxic gases to escape.
Searches of the building found no one inside.
The business deals with passenger vehicles, and there were several of them around the building. Only one vehicle suffered any fire or heat damage, Puget Sound Fire reported.
The fire is out and under investigation.