A house fire that started in a dryer displaced four adults and three children on the East Hill in Kent.
Firefighters responded at about 2:14 a.m. Tuesday, March 30 to a fire in the 10800 block of Southeast 236th Street, according to Puget Sound Fire. The occupants of the home called 911 after the fire woke them up.
Upon arrival crews were met with a significant amount of fire from the second floor. It took about 40 minutes to extinguish the fire.
There were no injuries to residents or firefighters. Red Cross assisted the displaced family.
The fire broke out just a few minutes after Kent Police and Puget Sound Fire crews responded to a fatal shooting in the 23800 block of 110th Avenue Southeast, less than a mile away.
“Multiple other incidents were occurring at the same time and crews were adjusted to provide the best possible service to all of the community,” said Puget Sound Fire spokesperson Joe Root in an email.
Talk to us
Please share your story tips by emailing email@example.com.
To share your opinion for publication, submit a letter through our website https://www.kentreporter.com/submit-letter/. Include your name, address and daytime phone number. (We’ll only publish your name and hometown.) Please keep letters to 300 words or less.