The heavy rain led to road closures Tuesday morning, Jan. 12 in Kent due to water over roadway.
But as of 3 p.m. Tuesday, city crews had reopened the streets. Weather forecasters, however, say more rain is coming Tuesday night and into Wednesday.
The following streets have been impacted by flooding, according to the City Public Works Department:
Previous road closures
Water over roadway
• 81st Ave S between S 196th St and S 198th St
• 79th Ave S at S 261st St
• SE 223rd Dr between 120th Ave SE and 117th Ave SE
• 72nd Ave S between S 224th St and S 216th St
• 76th Ave S between S 228th St and S 212th St
• 144th Ave SE between SE 278th St and SE 282nd St
Alternate routes are advised by city Public Works staff, which reminds drivers to avoid driving through standing water.