Crews douse an apartment units fire Sunday. No one was hurt in the fire. COURTESY PHOTO, Puget Sound RFA

Crews douse an apartment units fire Sunday. No one was hurt in the fire. COURTESY PHOTO, Puget Sound RFA

Kent apartment units fire displaces families

Unattended food on stove caused fire

  • Monday, April 22, 2019 11:48am
  • News

Families from four apartment units in Kent were displaced Sunday night following a fire in the 22400 block of Benson Road.

Firefighters from the Puget Sound Regional Fire Authority, who were dispatched at 6:22 p.m., were able to see a smoke column from several miles away. When they arrived on scene, they found the two-story building with flames coming from three units.

A second alarm was dispatched due to the possibility of the fire spreading to other, uninvolved apartments, according to a Puget Sound Fire news release.

Unattended food on the stove caused the accidental fire, according to Puget Sound Fire.

Red Cross is helping the displaced families. The apartment complex’s manager is helping them to find other housing.

More in News

Kent teen receives four-year sentence for Officer Moreno’s murder

Garcia, 17, will be released when he turns 21 in 2023

Meridian Glen Park in Kent to get $30,000 upgrade

Grant from Disney, National Recreation and Park Association

Lunar party at the STEM Festival in Kent

City unveils lunar rover replica that will land in a renovated downtown park project

Kent School District’s credit rating outlook improves

Moody’s issues financial profile report

Kent man fatally shot in East Hill apartment identified

Daveon Robbins had criminal history; faced 2019 burglary charge

South King County housing crisis acutely hits the LGBTQ+ community

Group, local politicians to release report Nov. 15

Kent fatal shooting last week remains a mystery

20-year-old man dies at East Hill apartment complex

Most Read