A sampling of Kent Police incidents from Sept. 9-19:
• Shots fired from vehicle: 8:50 p.m., officers responded to a shooting in the 10200 block of SE 240th Street. The shooter, hanging out of the passenger window of a white sedan, was shooting at a gray vehicle, described as a newer Dodge Charger or Camaro. Neither vehicle was located. Six 40mm casings and one fired bullet were located.
• Lowe’s thief: 4:47 p.m., officers chased a prolific thief running from Lowe’s, 24050 Pacific Highway S., with over $3,000 in merchandise. While running, officers warned the suspect he was going to be tased. The officer spark tested his Taser as a warning. The suspect heard the sound of electricity crackling and immediately gave up.
• Bullets riddle bedroom: 12:35 a.m., officers responded to a shooting incident at the Row Apartments, 25426 98th Ave. S. Callers reported hearing seven to eight gunshots, which came from a white or gray vehicle, described as a possible 2000’s model Acura. A total of 10 9mm casings were located. A check of the area revealed multiple bullet holes in the west side bedroom window, indicating this room was clearly targeted. Contact was made with the occupants, who were not injured. The occupants included a young child who was sleeping on the lower bunk bed in the targeted room.
• Shots fired: 6:05 p.m., patrol responded to shots fired at Arterra Townhomes, 10031 SE 258th Pl. Upon arrival they detained a cooperative male that had a gun on his person. The male stated he got into a fight with his mother’s boyfriend, so he came outside and shot at the apartment (hitting plywood at the steps) and shot into the boyfriend’s car. Nobody was injured. He was booked for felony harassment by officers.
• Cellphone robbery: 10:04 p.m., a male was walking to his car (no address listed) and was approached by five male juvenile suspects. They asked to use his cellphone, he declined. One of the suspects pulled out a gun and demanded his phone, which he gave to them. As the victim tried to run away, he was struck by one of the suspects. All the suspects ran away. The victim was treated at a local hospital for a head injury.