Residents eligible to receive COVID-19 vaccinations can call the Kent Senior Center to get on a waiting list for shots at the city facility.
The Senior Center joined forces with the Puget Sound Regional Fire Authority to help vaccinate individuals. At the end of each day, extra vaccines may be available that can be administered to those on the center’s waiting list, according to the city of Kent. The partnership will allow individuals to get both doses of the vaccine.
For more information or to get on the list, call the Senior Center at 253-856-5150.
The state will expand vaccination eligibility on Wednesday, March 31 for these groups:
• Anyone with two or more comorbidities
• Anyone between the ages of 60 and 64
• Anyone living in congregate settings (correctional facilities, group homes for those with disabilities, those experiencing homelessness, etc.)
• Additional workers in congregate settings like restaurants, manufacturing, and construction
As of March 26, the state remains in Phase 1B, Tier 2 of vaccination, which includes:
• High-risk health care workers and first responders
• Long-term care residents
• People 65 years old and older
• People 50 years old and older in multigenerational households
• Teachers, school staff and childcare workers
• Employees in certain congregate settings, such as grocery stores, agriculture, corrections, transit and law enforcement
• People age 16 years and older who are pregnant
• People age 16 and older who have a disability that puts them at high risk