Renton’s annual family festival and community celebration, Renton River Days, returns July 21 to July 23 with three days of family-oriented events and activities.
Some of the Friday, July 21 activities include:
• Summer Bazaar and art market at the Renton Community Center at 1715 Maple Valley Hwy from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. As well as a Renton School District Student Art Show.
• A Craft Beer & Wine Garden Near the Entertainment Stage at Liberty Park from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• A Food Truck Frenzy at Liberty Park and outside Renton Community Center from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. with local cooks, bakers and other culinary professionals with delicious offerings
• A Lucky Duck Poker Walk and Pub Crawl across multiple Downtown Renton locations. With check-in at Pavilion Events Center, an all-in-one fun pub, coffee and tasting crawl. Participants collect lucky cards from the duck pond at over 12 locations, form a winning poker hand, and secure prizes from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m.• From 6-8 p.m. at Renton Pavilion Event Center & Piazza Park, the community can get a sneak peek into the innovative businesses of tomorrow with the standout vendors from the downtown pitch competition.
• At Piazza Park at 9:30 p.m. there will be a drone show. Join the pilots from Sky Elements as they take flight with an artistic display of celebration and community.
Events for Saturday, July 22
• Pancake Breakfast at the Don Persson Renton Senior Activity Center from 7:30-10:30 a.m. Gluten-free available upon request. $10 adults, $8 seniors, and $5 kids under 12. Tickets are available at Hub Insurance, 1102 Bronson Way N., prior to 7/22, or at the door on 7/22. 425-381-7069. Organized by Renton Lions Club.
• A 10 a.m. parade along 3rd Street in Downtown Renton
• Volkssport Interlaken Trailblazers will host Volkssports 5K, 10K & 15K ‘Explore Renton’ Fun Walks from 8 to 10 a.m. Parking is available at Renton Memorial Stadium. Follow signs on Cedar River Trail to Start Table at the riverfront side of the Don Persson Renton Senior Activity Center. The event will be a chance to explore Renton’s finest amenities and historic landmarks. Organized by Volkssport Interlaken Trailblazers.
• From 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. will be the Coed Volleyball Tournament. The first RRDs volleyball tournament will be hosted at Cedar River Park and feature up to 48 teams. All skill levels from Beginner to Open will play in a “reverse doubles” format. Pre-registration required. Use keyword “Volleyball.” $50 Team; No walk-up entries. As well as other events.
Events for Sunday, July 23
Many of the weekend’s previous events will continue, along with a new student art show event, the Renton School District Student Art Show Renton at the Community Center Banquet Room.
Other events include:
• A Deutsch–Marque Show at 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. This annual event will include an impressive display of German cars at Cedar River Park. New this year, will be a vendor row representing the best of aftermarket, service, tuner, and car care companies, and a chance to meet a few YouTube personalities. Presented by the local Puget Sound Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche and Volkswagen Car Clubs.
• At 3:30 p.m. will be the Rubber Ducky Derby, Houser Street Bridge. Thousands of little yellow ducks race for valuable prizes. Buy a ticket for your chance to win from any Rotarian, at the Rotary Booth in Liberty Park during festival weekend.
There are many more events and activities not mentioned here, for more information visit: https://www.rentonwa.gov/cms/one.aspx?pageId=12048431