People should not swim, consume lake water or engage in other water-contact activities at Lake Fenwick due to unsafe levels of algal toxin microcystin, according to the city of Kent and King County.
Pets also should not be allowed in the water at Lake Fenwick Park, 25828 Lake Fenwick Road. The city and county issued the alerts Tuesday. The toxin levels were above the State Department of Health recommended guidance thresholds. The alerts will be in effect until there are two clean tests.
As per state protocol, the lake has been posted with a warning sign and will be re-sampled next week.
For more information visit the Washington State Toxic Algae website.