The city of Kent reports one new road closure Wednesday afternoon, Dec. 6, due to flooding from rain, but other previously closed streets are open.
Several streets still have water over the roadway, as of 1 p.m. Dec. 6, according to the Public Works Department.
• SE 256th St. and 148th Ave. SE is closed due to water over the roadway
• 124th Ave. SE from SE Kent Kangley Road to SE 270th St is now open
• 76th Ave. S between S 212th St to S 228th St is now open
• Westbound lanes on East James St between Central Ave N to 94th Ave S are now open
• Curb lane closure on S 196th St at 81st Ave S due to water over the roadway
Water over roadway:
• 124th Ave SE from SE Kent Kangley Road to SE 270th St is open, but still has some water over the roadway
• 76th Ave S between S 212th St to S 228th St is open, but still has some water over the roadway
• W James St between Washington Ave N to Lincoln Ave, under the 167 overpass
• 81st Ave S. at S 196th St
City Public Works staff ask drivers to avoid driving through standing water; alternate routes advised.