Call to Artists
The Kent Downtown Partnership (KDP) is seeking artists to participate in the 2020 Art Walk series. This is a free community event, open to all ages.
Art Walks are on third Thursdays, June to September, 5 to 8 p.m.
• KDP is looking for talented artists with a variety of price-points, mediums and focuses. Fine artists and those who make handmade goods are welcome to apply.
• Priority will be given to those who apply early, and those whose art and product closely fits in with the vision of the Art Walk.
• Artists will be provided with a space to represent and sell their work at one or more of these monthly events. Some artists will be paired with a local business, others given space in common areas in Downtown Kent; all artists must provide their own table and/or fixtures. Outdoor spaces will be available; weather dependent.
• Artists are required to be completely set-up in their space by 5 p.m. on event nights and remain until the event closes at 8 p.m. Dates can be found in the application.
• Artists in action! KDP is looking for art production, demonstrations and art making onsite is also desired.
• Artists are responsible for handling their own sales, whether cash or card.
– A booth fee of $10 per month is due upon invitation to that month’s event. There is no application fee. (Fee waived for emerging artists 18 and younger).
Application deadline April 15. Applications will be juried by a team of local artists, and acceptances and additional details will be sent out by May 1.
For more information, go online at downtownkentwa.com, contact Erica Carew at 253-813-6976 or email Info@kentdowntown.org.