A driver quickly pulled over the side of a road and evacuated her motorhome as it caught fire Thursday afternoon, the Puget Sound Regional Fire Authority reported.
No one was hurt in the incident.
A bystander saw sparks coming from under an older motorhome as it was travelling west on South 259th Street in the 8500 block along the Green River around 1:42 p.m., Puget Sound Fire said. When flames erupted in the engine compartment the driver quickly pulled to the right onto the grass and ran out of the her motor home.
The fire continued to spread and by the time Puget Sound Fire Engine 71 arrived the front of the motorhome was fully involved with flames. The vehicle ended up close to an office, Puget Sound Fire said, and heat had already shattered the outer layer of glass on the office window and charred some exterior trim.
Due to the quick actions of 71’s crew they were able to knock down the vehicle fire and keep it from going into the building, Puget Sound Fire said. Other Puget Sound Units arrived and with the help of Valley Regional Fire Authority the fire was quickly extinguished.
South King County Medic One arrived and stood ready to help. Zone 3 Rehab providing cool liquids for crews.